Who are we?
We are Bluecrest Health Screening, a healthcare company who offer screenings in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Ireland. We have network of approximately 2000 mobile clinic across the UK which means you never have to travel too far to come and for a screening. Bluecrest have revolutionised screenings in the UK by offering more affordable, local screenings at our network of clinics whilst maintaining our focus on quality.
We are an ISO 9001 meaning our standards are monitored and are recognised worldwide. We are also registered with the Quality Care Commission (CQC) you can look at our CQC inspection report here Bluecrest Health Screening CQC.
Our headquarters and call centre are based in Worthing town centre here in the UK. We also offer screenings at our HQ and hold regular screening days throughout the year.
Since starting out in 2012 we have screened well over 200,000 people.
Various government initiatives to address health issues in the UK are coming to the forefront and generally people are paying more attention to their health. Have you noticed the amount of new gyms opened in recent years? Have you seen an increase in space at the supermarket for healthy foods? We believe screening is just another part of this movement, our customers tell us they understand the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle and want to be able to take control of their health and make decisions before any problems or symptoms arise.
A proactive approach to health includes eating well, stopping smoking and exercising more as well as regular health assessments or Health MOT’s which give knowledge and greater understanding of where you are health wise at a given moment.
What do we do?
Bluecrest Health Screening provides a wide range of screening services.
The following list details some of the many tests we offer:
- Haematology Profile (full blood count)
- Lung function check (COPD risks)
- Cardiac heart rhythm check for atrial fibrillation
- Blood pressure
- Artery check for peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- 10-year heart disease risk assessment
- Body composition scan and biometric analysis
- Liver function (biochemistry profile)
- Kidney function (biochemistry profile)
- Full lipid panel (cholesterol) (biochemistry profile)
- Glucose test for preventable diabetes (biochemistry profile)
- Calcium, Corrected calcium (bone health) (biochemistry profile)
- 5 general health markers (biochemistry profile)
- Early cancer risk review
These are available individually, although most of our customers prefer to opt for one of our packages that offers a more comprehensive insight. More details on the packages we offer can be found here.
A full health MOT report will give you a clear picture of your general health and wellbeing. You can then make decisions on what, if anything, your next steps are. This might be to have further tests or treatment, or simply do nothing at all. Early diagnosis usually gives a better chance of recovery or nipping something in the bud before symptoms start to appear. Treatment is often less invasive early on than treating a disease when it has reached an advanced stage. Prevention is better than cure.
How does the whole screening process work?
- When you call one of our customers service advisors they will help you choose a screening day at one of our clinics in a location near to your home or work.
- They will advise you on what you need to do prior to coming to the screening including fasting for 4 hours. In this time, you shouldn’t eat but can have water, black or herbal tea.
- On the day make your way through to the private consulting room where you will be met by one of our nurses. They will help you through the whole process which will last approximately 30 minutes. The procedures are non-invasive and there is no need for you to remove articles of clothing other than your shoes and socks. We will need to take a small blood sample which should feel nothing more painful than a cat scratch.
- Once your screening is completed we will send you test results and blood sample to our Lab.
- Lab technicians and specialists will look at your ECG trace, your blood analysis and other data acquired at your screening clinic. Within 21 Days you will receive a 16-page report containing results of up to 60 different readings, including heart condition, stroke risk, lung, kidney and liver function, general health markers, peripheral arterial disease and more.
- Should anything be flagged up that may be a cause for concern we will immediately inform you by telephone.
- Once analysed and compiled we will send you an accurate and detailed full colour health report – tailored to you.
How long have we been in business?
Bluecrest Health screening was launched in 2012 with the aim of offering health screenings in a more convenient cost-effective way. Over and above this we believe quality matters and we are committed to providing high standard standards across the board. Whether that’s delivering our award-winning screening services or ensuring we consistently provide products and services that meet customer and regulatory requirements, we are committed to quality.
What accreditations do we have?
We are an ISO9001 certified company which means we adhere to a set of standards that are recognised across the world. A third party monitors us to ensure these standards are maintained.
Bluecrest is also registered with the CQC (Care Quality Commission). The CQC is the independent regulator of all health and social care services in England. It was established in 2009 to regulate and inspect health and social care services in England and is an executive non-departmental public body of the Department of Health and Social Care. You can view the report from the CQC here: Bluecrest health screening
Our pathology team are clinically accredited to ISO15189 and independently audited by CPA (Clinical Pathology Accreditation).
What areas do we cover?
As we have already mentioned we have network of 2000 clinics that covers the UK and Ireland meaning our customers never have to travel too far to one of our screenings. We have partnered with various venues which means we can offer screenings at a fraction of the price of alternative providers who the additional cost of clinics to run.
Bluecrest clinics are chosen to be as convenient as possible for our customers. Consideration is taken with regard to location, comfort as well as conforming to our own venue guidelines. We aim to make the whole screening day as easy as possible.